DIY Cake Stand
Make your own cake stand!
Here where we live in Gran Canaria (one of the 7 Canarian islands) it isn´t easy to find what you need (or rather want). Cake stands are not hard to find, actually several shops sell them, but there aren´t many options and the ones I really like are super expensive! You don´t know how blessed you are to live in countries like the United States or England where your options are literally endless…
So I searched Pinterest for how to make your own cake stand and I was astonished with all the possibilities and decided there and then I was going to not only create a Pinterest board about Cake Stands but also make my VERY own Cake Stand! This tutorial will show you how easy it is to make your own cake stand without breaking the bank!
Inexpensive Cake Stands
The best part of this project was that it was relatively inexpensive to make. I already had an Ikea pie tin, because when you buy a springform pan at Ikea (here in Gran Canaria), you get a free pie tin with it!
How to make a cake stand!
In the image above you can see the steps I followed to make my diy cake stand. This is what you need to do:
- Use a pie tin (like I did) or a plate for the top part.
- Use a candle holder for the bottom part.
- Use heavy duty glue like Superglue or E6000 to stick the inside centre part of the pie tin to your candle holder. Allow to dry completely (overnight is better).
- Use your preferred spray paint colour (I used white). Spray thin layers, allowing it to dry between layers. Continue to layer until you have the desired look (I used 3 layers).
- Coat with a thin layer of dishwasher safe modge podge.
- Voila! You´ve made it! Your very own cake stand! Now you can decorate to your liking or just leave as is (like I did).
This stand could easily be used in your dessert table displays in various ways or even as a cupcake stand. I love displaying my cupcakes on cake stands!
I really hope you guys liked this post and thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope to see you back soon! Go to this page to see more tutorials and recipes.