On this page, I will be uploading daily tips on how to better th quality of your Dessert Photography. Photography is my second passion and it makes me so happy to share these tips with you!
¡Clic aquí para el versión español!
- Natural light is best for Dessert Photography.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged.
- Keep it simple: Focus on the Food and not the Props.
- Keep paper towels handy – it can get messy!
- Close shots are always the beast.
- Tripods are overrated!
- Make sure your shots are framed properly.
- Keep the subject out of the middle of the frame.
- Position yourself for the shot.
- Be Patient: the perfect shot takes time.
- When photographing beverages make sure to you a backlight to show their transparency.
- Consider taking your shots in RAW format and converting them to jpeg afterwards.
- Understand how to create depth of field.
- Aperture impacts the amount of light and the depth of field in your photos. It´s a number that starts with an “f” on a DSLR camera.
- Higher ISO will enable you to take really nice pictures with less lighting.
If you are serious about food/dessert photography, I highly recommend this book by Pinch of Yum! It is packed with valuable information, great tips and tutorials. The book covers everything from lighting, props, aperture, depth of field, you name it! Take my advice and get it! The best part is that you can download it immediatley 🙂
Be sure to check back tomorrow for a new tip!