Disney Cars Birthday Party which I did for my son Luca´s 5th birthday party…
…with Disney Cars themed party decoration:
- Cars favor bags filled with sweets / candy
- Cupcakes topped with Nesquick chocolate frosting
- Vintage marshmallow cars
- Mini Popcorn Boxes
- Oreo chocolate covered apples..
Chocolate Nesquick Frosting
I frosted the cupcakes with my chocolate Nesquick recipe! A perfect frosting for little kids and you can use it with any cake flavor. Previously I have used it with Oreo, Chocolate and Red Velvet cake and it´s really delicious!
I also made cute little black and white checked box flags (I made these with checked box patterned serviettes and toothpicks). I placed them on the top of the cupcakes with the cute red F1 racing car gummies that I bought in Ikea, here in Gran Canaria.
In the microwave that is 🙂 Isn´t that how everyone pops theirs? Well I´m still waiting for hubby to buy me one of those cute vintage looking popcorn making machines – but who knows when he´ll get the hint? Perhaps when he helps me with the translating of this post (lol).
If indeed he decides to, after reading this post, please remember I like the vintage candy floss maker too 😉
Edible Vintage Cars!
These cute little edible marshmallow cars was inspired by sweet treats that my Mom use to make for our birthday parties when we were kids.
To make them I used
- Large white marshmallows
- Edible black marker
- Smarties / M&M´s / Lacasitos
- Melted chocolate
- Gummy bears or similar (optional)
How I made them
- Draw windows on both sides (of the long part) of your marshmallows.
- Use a paint brush to add a little melted chocolate to 2 of the same colored Smarties / M&M´s / Lacasitos and stick it on one side (where you drew the windows) of your marshmallow.
- Allow this to dry before doing the same on the other side.
- You could also use a little bit of melted chocolate to add a gummy bear on the top (but this part is totally optional).
Ever tried Oreo Chocolate apples?
If not, you´ve got to!
- Clean your apples and leave them in the fridge overnight (that way the chocolate sticks better to them).
- Take out the stem of the apple and push in your stick as deep as you can (half way through the apple is great, if you can)
- Melt your chocolate (I used milk chocolate – 450g for 10 small apples) and dip your cooled apples in the melted chocolate.
- Lightly shake off the excess chocolate and immediately add your Oreo cookie crumbs (to make this, remove the white cream part in the middle of the cookie and crush it up in a blender or in a ziplock type bag with a roller pin). Crumb the cookies as fine as you like.
Here´s a Huge tip: use small apples. Why? because they are the perfect snack size, especially for kids and they are not too heavy for the stick and super easy to carry around!
Disney Themed Party Decorations
- I filled the Cars party bags, which I used as themed party favors, with different candy and also a Cars themed chocolate lollipop.
- I also decorated the table with a blue tablecloth and added some Disney Cars bunting to the front and sides of the table and secured it with black and white washi tape.
- Then I put a road map, that we got with Luca´s Cars book, on the top of the table and added small Disney Cars all over the map (which came with the same book).
- To complete the look I added Cars themed paper plates and serviettes, which I bought at a local paty supply shop here in Gran Canaria, called Carolan. You can also shop for Disney Car goodies at Amazon.com
- All that was left to do was to add all the delicious goodies that I made!
The photos above are of the birthday boy, Luca, with the exact same outfit (his Spanish Team soccer gear) he wore last year on his 4th Soccer Birthday Party.
What can I say, my child loves soccer! Did I mention the party was held at our local soccer club (where he has team practise twice weekly) direclty after soccer practise with all his team mates?? lol
Have a great week guys! As always, thanks for visiting my blog!!
Please Pin This!