Chocolate Peanut Butter High Hat Cupcakes
Made with chocolate cupcakes, peanut buter buttercream frosting and dipped into delicious melted chocolate!
For a long time I´ve been thinking of making high hat cupcakes with a different flavor and my daughter´s 15th birthday party presented the perfect opportunity 🙂
These weren´t hard to make at all, I used a brown sugar & olive oil recipe for my chocolate cupcakes, topped them with a lovely smooth peanut butter frosting (not a meringue based frosting) and finally dipped them into melted chocolate that I mixed with some sunflower oil (you can also use olive oil) to make it easier to dip in 😉
I can promise you that the extra touch or TOUCH of chocolate makes these cupcakes super yummy.. if the combination of chocolate & peanut butter is not enough.. these take it to an even better level!!
I bought these cute purple and white polka dot cupcake holders in South Africa on my last day there and thought them perfect for Teagan´s birthday party..
So enough babbling let´s get to the important stuff.. the RECIPE..
- 180g flour
- 1 1/2 tspns baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 medium eggs
- 200g brown sugar
- 100ml olive oil
- 80g cocoa powder (without sugar)
- 120ml low fat milk
- 1 + half vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC or 350ºF. Mix the brown sugar with the olive oil. You can use a hand whisk to make these cupcakes.
- Add the eggs one by one and make sure you mix them well.
- Now add your dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder). Make sure your dry ingredients are sifted well.
- Now add your milk and lastly your vanilla essence, dont overmix but ensure they are well incorporated into the batter.
- Fill your liners with your batter and bake for 20 minutes or until a tootpick comes out clean.
Leave to cool in the cupcake tray for 5 min before removing to cool on a rack.
- 250g unsalted butter
200g peanut butter
400g sifter icing sugar
30ml full cream or low fat milk
1 + half teaspoon vaniila extract
- Beat the butter until light and creamy add the peanut butter and mix well for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sifter icing sugar on a low speed and increase the speed gradually to ensure the icing sugar doesn´t splatter all over you or your counter 😉
- Now add the vanilla and milk slowly and continue to beat until all the ingredients are well mixed and your frosting is creamy!
- Make sure your frosted cupcakes are well cooled (minimum 1 hour in the fridge) before you dip them into the melted chocolate.
- For this you need to melt your 150g of chocolate & 1 tablespoon olive/sunflower oil (I used dark chocolate 70%) in the microwave at 20 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Wait until the chocolate is at room temperature before dipping your cool & frosted cupcakes into them.
I topped mine off with crushed peanuts, wafers and chocolate.
I hope you guys like this post and recipe! I wanted to add a photo of my daughter on the day at her birthday party but we totally forgot.. aggg! I cant wait to share the next post with all of you 🙂
Until next time, much love!