Chocolate Covered Apples
How to make delicious chocolate covered apples with apples, melted chocolate, crushed Oreos, shredded coconut and crushed peanuts!
A week or so ago I made these delicious CHOCOLATE COVERED APPLES for my son´s end of the season Soccer Party 🙂
I used melted milk, dark and white chocolate to cover them and then dipped them into, either, shredded coconut, crushed salted peanuts, crushed Oreo´s (just the cookie part) and coloured sprinkles. You can use whatever you want and the options are endless..
These were fun to make and looked so pretty at the end.. a tray filled with different colours and smells.. HEAVEN on a stick! Talking about sticks, yet another idea to make use of your popsicle sticks.. 🙂
1. To ensure the chocolate sticks to the apple, remove the stalks, pop in the popsicle stick dead centre into the part where you removed the stalk then dip them into boiling water for aprox 30 seconds to remove the outer layer of the apple.
2. Make sure your apples are 100% dry before dipping them into the melted chocolate.
3. Make sure your chocolate is warm and runny when dipping. You can add a little sunflower oil to make your chocolate more runny and glossy.
4. Dip the apples into the chocolate twice for a better taste sensation and this makes them look prettier 😉
5. I used normal store bought chocolate and it worked really well.
6. Use a spoon to add the other ingredients, you can add this to the whole apple or just half way as I did with most of mine.
7. Leave to set in the fridge.